GO-AdventureSports specializes in team building and adventure instruction for youth and adults. Our program offerings include:
- Portable Team Challenge – on-site or off-site activities that can either be recreational or goal-oriented. For businesses and governmental agencies interested in providing an environment that fosters communication and an opportunity that promotes positive change. We will help open the door – you will choose whether to walk through or not…
- Adventure Team Challenge – for large groups interested in a recreational team building program on a tight budget… Teams are given instruction booklets and sent through a rotation of different team building activities.
- ROPES Course – combining elements of the Portable Team Challenge with additional High Elements, the ROPES Course is a great way for groups to either work on specific goals, or simply enjoy a recreational team building program.
- Rock Climbing – top-roping courses teach the basics of the simplest and most popular form of rock climbing – knots, belaying, anchors, and movement.
- Mountain Biking – join our guide on some of the best trails in Maryland for this single-track mountain biking skill building instructional program.
- Wilderness Skills – learn valuable outdoor survival skills in this one or two-day program. Popular topics include – fire-building, water, shelter, preparation and land navigation
- Caving Adventures – beginners and experts alike will be challenged as we explore the wild caves of West Virginia, where ancient stalactites and stalagmites add to the challenge and wonder of the narrow tunnels and wide open caverns.
- Adventure Weekend – a multi-day team building and instructional event for teams of up to 14 participants. Each day is packed with adventure training opportunities (choose from a combination of rock climbing, caving, mountain biking, canoeing, and via ferrata), and each experience requires significant commitment from the members of the group. Our team of expert guides will give you the skills you need to accomplish every challenge.
What We’ve Been Working on for 2010…
In our continuing efforts to create engaging and relevant team building activities for our clients, we are launching NEXTeams Team Development – www.nexteams.com – which will focus on a long-view, goals-driven approach to team development and facilitation. Combining experiential education and traditional team building activities with professional facilitation for meetings and strategic planning sessions, the NEXTeams Process of Team Development will start where other team building programs leave off.
A couple of cross-over events that will be shared by GO-AdventureSports and NEXTeams include:
- RACE Day Team Builder – An exciting and competitive event for smaller groups, RACE Day enhances teamwork through the creation of a Soapbox Derby Racer. Working in teams of 2 to 4 participants, your group will compete to build, brand and race their vehicle, producing their creation on time/under budget and, with a little luck, taking the trophy home!
- Team Project Events (TPEs) – An opportunity for groups and teams to participate in a combination of traditional team building activities and a community service project. Projects have included: Building a ropes course element at a local camp, fence building at a local community farm, and planning and running an adventure race at a local elementary school. How will you choose to “Pay it Forward?”